- Prepares all market-ready apartments, which may include painting, carpet cleaning/repair, general repairs, and housekeeping to ensure a quality product to our residents.
- Completes resident service request in a timely manner.
- Has knowledge of various maintenance functions including and not limited to plumbing, pool maintenance, air conditioning, heating, general carpentry skills, appliance, electrical, painting, caulking, snow removal, scheduling, and life safety issues.
- Maintains grounds, amenity rooms, common areas, and dog parks to keep them clean, free of trash, debris, and other safety issues.
- Performs on-call emergency procedures as required.
- Reports any maintenance issues that affect the budget such as life safety, vacant repairs, property damages, and common area.
- Schedules and performs preventative maintenance, and records such activities.
- Is knowledgeable of provincial, local, and federal housing laws, codes, policies, and systems regarding maintenance.
- Attends and participates in training programs as required by MMG and local city and provincial jurisdictions.
- Provide superior customer service and always represents the company in a professional manner.
- Consistently maintains a professional, courteous attitude when dealing with residents, coworkers, and the public.
- Performs duties as assigned in a timely manner.
- Dresses per MMG appearance standards.
- Maintains and safeguards all company tools and equipment.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
- Respond to owner/resident service calls and complaints as quickly and efficiently as possible; must react swiftly and accurately to crisis situations.
- Responsible for posting notices.
- May be required to review security footage.
- Complete custodial housekeeping tasks as required.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned from time to time.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 5th Class Power Engineer certification required.
- 3 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills & Competencies:
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Candidate must have excellent time management skills, an ability to prioritize work and be highly organized.
- Knowledge of safe use of cleaning agents and equipment used to perform job duties.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Possess an exceptional customer service philosophy.
- Basic use of general hand tools (ex. drill, wrench, hacksaw, screwdriver, etc.)
- Knowledgeable of boiler systems.