To be the undisputed number one service provider in the property management industry by continuously exceeding all our customers’ expectations.
To be a socially responsible world leader in property management.
Our Brand Values
Everything we do is guided by our values: Do What’s Right with Integrity, Deliver Results, Get Things Done, Continuously Improve, Thought Leadership, and Energized Passion.
Step Ahead Maintenance (SAM) is seeking a Field Technician to join our Edmonton team. Reporting to the Maintenance Coordinator, you will be part of a dynamic team and be accountable for work order management for various properties within our extensive residential portfolio.
We have the privilege of providing management services for the most important component of a rental property and its community of residents. Our team provides unparalleled service, expertise, and good old-fashioned hard work to safeguard and protect property value.
Our promise says it all. “Big enough to serve you, small enough to know you.” We take great pride in our wide variety of management services but also in meeting the needs of individual residents and Owners.
The successful incumbent is a motivated, energetic individual with a commitment to providing excellent, world-class service to our clients in a friendly and engaging way. This role will include a heavy focus on appliance repair paired with general day-to-day maintenance tasks.
- Picking up and delivering parts for site maintenance staff
- Complete minor maintenance in suites and buildings including hanging blinds, tightening door handles, cleaning up garbage and reporting major issues
- An aptitude working with their hands and tools
- Ensure that a superior level of co-operation, service and support is provided to residents
- Identify, order, and install necessary parts where required
- Responsible for turn-over maintenance on rental suites
- Follow up and review of maintenance requests as required
- Provide timely and accurate answers to site staff, residents and owners regarding any questions/concerns related to maintenance
- Understand and observe all safety procedures and practices to prevent injury to self or co-workers.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
Education & Experience
- High School Graduate
- Valid driver’s license Non GDL
- Vehicle in good working condition
- 6 months to 1 year of general maintenance and/or office experience.
Skills & Competencies
- Ability to work independently or in a team
- Intermediate Computer skills with experience in Adobe and Microsoft Suite
- Candidate must have excellent time management skills, an ability to prioritize work and be highly organized
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Possess an exceptional customer service philosophy.
- Driven to learn new skills and grow within and growing company